Saturday 13 October 2012

The 70 Mile Yard Sale: The Day

So many things to post about! Peter and I just got back from Toronto a couple of [long, tiring] days ago, and I look forward to posting about it soon! Lots of cool friends, adventures, eats, drinks, and of course, vintage and thrift finds! I sadly left my memory card at home, so we have some pictures on Peter's Playbook; they'll come in due time. For now, it occurred to me that I haven't really posted about the 70 Mile Yard Sale day we had this year, which is odd considering how much fun we had and how many cool things we found! So I'll do up a series of posts about it, starting with The Day, and with more detailed pictures of The Finds to come soon.


In the car early in both the travels and morning, more or less bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. 

It wasn't long before we made it to Caledonia, one of my favourite spots, which to our dismay did not have a sale on. Senior citizens must not like rain.

So we kept going down the road to a barn sale.

We spotted some very cheery pumpkins and gourds.


Unsurprisingly, we have a liking for all things weathered and worn, be they vintage t-shirts or the sides of fishing buildings in tiny seaside villages (these are from Murray Harbour, down the street from Brehaut's where we had tasty, life-sustaining burgers and fries). 

Now that's some good wear and tear!

More pictures to come of our finds; and soon-ish, some pictures of our Torontonian adventure. Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...