Monday 11 March 2013

I made some earrings

For my birthday, my mom got me a bunch of jewellery-making supplies and I have been going at it for a few days - things are pretty simple so far but it's been great to put some of my salvaged broken and mismatched jewellery to good use. I've fixed a bunch of pairs of earrings, but here's some of the new pieces I made:

Broken brooch pieces made into stud earrings
Blue glass cabochon clip-ons with salvaged light green beads 
My favourite vintage daisy earrings were totally wrecked (they were super fragile) - so I took bits and pieces and made them into small stud earrings.
Brooch made into stud earrings
Broken-off pieces of vintage clip-ons to stud earrings
Sea glass pieces into stud earrings
Remixed coral cabochons
Broken vintage necklace into stud earrings
Broken bracelet pieces, vintage leather scraps & gold Sharpie stud earrings
Bracelet pieces into drop earrings
Broken vintage gold bracelet pieces, antique pearls, and salvaged turquoise
Antique beads into earrings, on gold wire
Vintage teardrop pearls, remixed
Salvaged turquoise and vintage & antique gold-plated beads
Vintage navy and gold beads from a broken necklace
Vintage necklace and bracelet beads, pieces of vintage leather
Vintage leather scraps and salvaged bracelet beads
More vintage leather scraps and salvaged bracelet beads
Vintage leather scraps, cut into fringe, with black & silver Sharpie
Vintage broken bracelet pieces and beads
Antique plastic beads and pearls
 Looking forward to attempting more difficult and complex earrings! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. These are all so awesome! I sincerely hope you will add some to your etsy shop. Hint Hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have definitely been thinking about putting some up once I'm satisfied with the quality - maybe in a Salvaged/Remixed Vintage section?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...