Wednesday 27 July 2011

Find: 450ml CIL Premium Paint

MAKEOVER!

I have been searching for a cute lamp for my room for a long time, and in the meantime, I've had a lamp more or less like this one to make do with. Then, one day, it struck me: why not just make that lamp better? At Canadian Tire, you can buy 450ml of CIL Premium paint for only 5.99 to test it out - I bought mine in Ocean Spray.
It still needs another coat, but I'm loving the results.

The colour is warm and light - it's my perfect Robin's Egg/Tiffany/Aqua blue. I stuck some dollar store decals on the lamp some years ago, and just painted over them to add some texture.

Also bought the Navajo-print place mats that day (99cents for 2 at Value Village) and layered them over my antique wooden nightstand (the top of the table is partially sanded off).

It's not perfect yet - another coat is definitely needed - but it's certainly diminished my need for a potentially expensive new lamp!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...