Friday 22 July 2011

Finds: Navajo & Ethnic Prints Online

As an anthropology major, I always try to be mindful of collectivizing or amalgamating groups that have distinct cultures. "Ethnic," "tribal," and so on are not terms I am usually comfortable using to describe basically non-industrialized-Western culture. Um, except with clothing, for the most part. It is difficult, at least in PEI, to find cool ikat, Navajo, Aztec, or other ethnic or tribal-esque prints - most finds are relegated to thrift stores, and that is all based on luck and digging. However, my family just returned from a trip to Boston, where my sisters perused Forever 21 countless times (and brought me back some sweet finds! Thanks guys!)
Checking out Forever 21's website is dangerous:  free shipping on orders over 60$, and tons to choose from. Oh dear.
Here are some of my finds:
All these tops range from about 16 to 22 dollars. Not bad!

I am equally impressed with Urban Outfitters. Check out some of these:

Come on, pay day! Time to get back online and into some fun new pieces :)

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...